At Oak Hill School, PE aims
- To instil lifelong participation in physical activity.
- To teach the importance or physical activity and sport and equip them with the skills and knowledge to take part in a range of physical activities.
- To educate pupils about the importance of a healthy, active and balanced lifestyle.
- To provide pupils with the opportunity to access quality physical activity so they develop a passion for exercise.
In school, we have a sports hall available where the majority of lessons take place, a gym with a large number of equipment and machines and a playground equipped with two goalposts. When the weather allows us, we take full advantage of the big field at the back of the school, of the Oak Hill Park right next to us and of our mountain bikes used by our students and staff who enjoy nice rides around the local area.
Additionally, we deliver a GCSE short course for the KS4 allowing students the opportunity to pursue careers in sport like:
- Health trainer.
- Leisure centre manager.
- Outdoor activities instructor.
- PE teacher.
- Personal trainer.
- Sports coach/consultant.
- Sports policy at local and national level.
- Diet and fitness instructor.