January 2021- Oak Hill School remote learning arrangements - see news tab
Information on school arrangements during the National Lockdown in January 2021
18th January 2021
Dear Parents & Carers,
I am writing to you to set out how Oak Hill School will be supporting your child and your family during the current lockdown when schools are closed to all pupils other than those who are dependents of critical workers, or from vulnerable groups.
All parents/carers of Oak Hill pupils will have received either a telephone call or a home visit from a member of the Senior Management Team last week. Following that call, or any subsequent conversations you may have had with a member of staff, you will know whether your child will be attending Oak Hill School in person or supported by remote learning from home.
The support that we are offering pupils is as follows:
Pupils attending school
- From 11th January 2021 school will be open from 8.45am – 1pm every day.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- There will be a full timetable of lessons.
- The school will maintain a covid safe environment and all measures to preserve this remain in place. These include:
Temperature will be taken on arrival
Masks are to be worn at all times except during lessons
Hands are to be washed/sanitised regularly and when directed by staff
Social distancing rules are to be observed
If your child is unwell or displays any known covid symptom ie a high temperature, new persistent cough or loss of taste and/or smell, please do not send them to school. If they develop these symptoms in school, we will contact you and ask you to make arrangements to collect them urgently.
Pupils learning from home
- We have done, and will continue to, provide work for pupils. This will either be in the form of work packs which have been delivered to your home, or on MILK, our online remote learning platform. (Pupils should all have their login for MILK)
- Pupils should complete and return/upload their work according to the timescales set out by their teacher.
- To support their work and well-being, all pupils will receive regular phone calls from a combination of the following staff:
- Their form tutor
- Their subject teachers
- Behaviour mentor
- 1:1 Learning Support Assistant (if they have one)
- Learning Support Assistants
- Pastoral Manager
These calls may come from the school number or a withheld number. Please can you make every effort to look out for these calls as continued contact with the school is the best way to ensure that your child continues to progress in their subjects.
- If you would prefer to limit the number of calls you receive, please let us know so that we can discuss this with you.
- The school website, www.apoakhill.org.uk provides links to the following education websites which will also support your child’s learning:
If at any time you would like to change your child’s provision from in school to home learning, or vice versa, please contact the main school email address, email@example.com and I will contact you to discuss this.
Free School Meals
The Government has announced that they will be making provision for students who currently receive free school meals. As soon as the scheme has been launched, we will communicate this out and ensure that any pupils who are entitled to this support receive it.
I understand that this is an extremely difficult and for many, frightening time. If you would like any additional support or advice, please do not hesitate to contact the school and we will do our best to support you. For the time being, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be passed to the relevant member of staff.
Wishing you and your families well over this difficult time.